Wednesday, December 31, 2008

What was Great About O Eight?


I was musing on how dreadful the past year has been. In so many areas of our lives.

Then it occurred to me. There are a bunch of things and people that made O Eight quite exciting.
The most amazing thing is that we the people managed to elect an intelligent person who speaks in complete sentences. An although he is not a woman, he is as smart as one, and probably as wise as one.

Note: The image above is an Hermes
Offrandes d'un Jour silk twill scarf. A portion of the proceeds from the sale of this scarf will be donated to the charity CRY (Child Rights and You). If you want to buy me one you may. The silvery gray one if you will.

I was fortunate enough or perhaps smart enough, to ask my friend John Simoudis to design my blog. He was quite the taskmaster. I repeatedly sent him images until finally, I rolled my eyes, put a piece of Canson paper down, drew a Louis the-something chair, spread out some different sized colored pencils, sent it from my Iphone and he liked it. And he transformed it.

I met lots of great Tweople though Twitter and some people the old fashioned way. My favs are: @trishdarling, @rebeccashapiro, @juliedarling, @rorrer, @zappos. They have been generous and a delight to follow.

My non Twitter people are great also. My new friends Kathie M. and Laura M. have been inspiring and engaging. We can swap books and go to movies. Nothing better. And wannabe Twitterer @xanderNK rocks. I loved our honeymoons in Antigua and St. Barts. Anyyyyy time bud. Looking forward to Savannah!

But it's a new year and I know that somehow I need to self promote. You betcha!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Jil,

We celebrated the holidays in high style with gingery cocktails and bangles on our wrists!

Thank you for the lovely Christmas Day Party. It was a blast.

best,
Gaia

P.S. I'm pretty sure this is the first online shout-out my Mom has ever received :)