Saturday, November 29, 2008

SoHo's Linda Derector -- Scene and be Seen

I first visited Linda Derector's Nolita shop on Mott St. (between Prince and Spring) couple of years ago.

My friend and I bought amazingly designed historic frames, but it was Linda who made the experience special. Why? Because this woman does not mince words. In a good way. I don't think she would say " honey that looks ridiculous on you", but that's sort of what she does. She is honest and would not let you walk out looking dopey. She has a huge sale here and I hate to tell her that I broke my vintage frames but wear them nonetheless. The sale is Dec. 2-7, noon - 8pm daily. To shop at Linda's store is an adventure!
These Vintage Vienna handmade Austrian spec once $395 will be considerably less during the sale.

Funk Royal Optics from Germany $450.

No comments: