Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Lost Found Arts -- via Remodelista


My favorite design blog is Remodelista. The women behind it have the best taste.

Yesterday I saw this post from Julie, one of the editors. It was on about a design company right here in CT and I was smitten. Lost Found Art makes art out of collections and sells unusual objects from the past. As an oddball collector myself I appreciate the how great commonplace things can look grouped. Like the graduated calipers shown above. Their stuff would be great in a show house or rented for films or magazine shoots.

I love the burnt spoon look. Easy to obtain.



My friend Don started collecting these old tractor seats like the ones from LFA shown below more than nearly 40 years ago. He has them along the balcony of his barn in Chester, CT.
Thanks Julie!

No comments: